flikar

Friday, June 27, 2008

The heart's kleptomaniac / Hjärtats kleptoman



English: There is a poet here in Gothenburg who has written a poem called "Hjärtats kleptoman" ("The heart's kleptomaniac"). I tried to translate it here to english, hope it's understandable. I'm not sure whether he likes to be anonymous or not, so let's call him MarkGyver. Anyhow, maybe you will get the message of the poem.

I live in the land of lie where ravaged hearts have been put on fire
Sadness, greed and the lackey of lust, the only hope: report me!
It's me and mine, it's only I, I, I
The individual falls under the heart's kleptomaniac
I point, but fall on my own grip, pitying myself I accuse you
An anxious fear for the tooth of time, balancing at the edge of hope
It's me and mine, it's only I, I, I
The free will is slaughtered by the heart's kleptomaniac
Is the desire your only "I", can the tongue decide or is everything just sweelty rabid?
Who inherits your structure if not me?
Can not get over that "I" am a slave of the body
Meditate on the nature of the mind: "the next thing is all I want, then everything is wonderful!"
It's me and mine, it's only I, I, I
We create religion out of our team and demand religion's last breath
Through birth and death we form a choir:
"Death do not see us, he is a mythological being."

Svenska: I Göteborg finns en poet som skrivit en dikt kallad "Hjärtats kleptoman". Jag vet inte om han vill vara anonym eller inte, så låt oss kalla honom MarkGyver. I alla fall, kanske går budskapet i dikten fram till er.

Jag lever i lögnens land där sargade hjärtan har satts i brand
Vemod, girighet och lustans lakej det enda hoppet: ange mig!
Det är mig och mitt, det är bara jag, jag, jag
individen faller under hjärtats kleptoman
Jag pekar, men faller på eget grepp, beklagandes beskyller jag dig
en ängslig fruktan för tidens tand balanserandes vid hoppets rand
Det är mig och mitt, det är bara jag, jag, jag
den fria viljan slaktas utav hjärtats kleptoman
är begäret ditt enda jag, kan tungan bestämma eller är allt bara ljuvligt rabiat?
Vem ärver din struktur om inte jag?
Kommer inte över att "jag" är en kroppens slav
begrunda sinnets natur: "nästa är det enda jag vill ha, sedan är allt underbart!"
Det är mig och mitt, det är bara jag, jag, jag
vi skapar religion av vårt lag och kräver religionens sista andetag
genom födelse och död bildar vi en kör:
"Döden ser oss ej, han är av mytologiskt var
.

1 comment: