flikar

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Operation: takeover/Operation: övertag

Before:

After:


English:
Hello, everyone. This is Shyamananda das. I'm right now in South Sweden, babysitting while my mother is on a vacation. I wanted the atmosphere in the family's apartment to be more harmonius, so this morning I took away the TV and turned the TV-table into an altar. One by one my brothers and sisters got up from their beds, went in to the living room and asked "Where is the TV!?".


I'm cooking vegetarian food for them (unfortunately they eat meat in school) and I'm meditating on what I can do more to help them. I will try to get some sattvic music CD's and good books to read before they go to sleep.

If you have any advice, please leave a comment. I know there's a lot of Yogi parents out there. =)

Svenska: Hej på er. Jag är just nu i Skåne och sitter barnvakt medans min mamma är på semester. Jag ville att atmosfären i familjens lägenhet skulle bli mer harmonisk så i morse tog jag bort TV:n och gjorde om TV-bordet till ett altare. En efter en kom mina syskon upp ur sina sängar, gick in i vardagsrummet och frågade "Var är TV:n!?"

Jag lagar vegetarisk mat till dem (tyvärr äter de kött i skolan) och jag mediterar på fler sätt att hjälpa dem. jag ska försöka få tag på några sattviska musik-CD-skivor och bra böcker att läsa innan de går och lägger sig.

Om du har några råd, lämna gärna en kommentar. Jag vet att det finns en massa Yogi-föräldrar där ute.

1 comment:

  1. jag ska ha barn, mitt råd e att alltid spela bhajans, ha kirtan o tala om Krsna, det gör mycket!

    ReplyDelete