flikar

Thursday, January 29, 2015

Rascaldom (2) (Srila Prabhupada)

Srila Prabhupada with disciples (A young Gurumaharaj second from left)

Once in New Vrindavan (1976) Srila Prabhupada was discussing with some devotees posing as scientists and calling them rascals frequently. So, one of the devotees posing as scientist protested and asked why he called them (the scientists) rascals. Instantly, Prabhupada’s mood became light from grave and with a smile he said, “Because I love you and I can’t see you suffering. Please develop your love for Kṛṣṇa and go back to the spiritual world. Understood you rascal?”


4 comments:

  1. Shouldn't it be "I can see you suffering"? Otherwise I don't understand the meaning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. can't see = can't bear/accept to see. he speaks like that. you rascal :D

      Delete
  2. That is humbling, I hadn't even considered that meaning. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete