flikar

Monday, August 4, 2014

Razón de Ser – New CD from Nimaihuset's Manah-Siksa Devi Dasi

Razón de Ser is an album containing 14 songs in spanish, based on a beautiful long-poem by Atulananda Acharya. In 2008 I composed the first songs, and now, six years later, I have completed the album, which covers the major part of the poem.


 
To order the CD, send an e-mail!
To pre-listen, go here!


*


Manah-siksa Devi Dasi on Razón de Ser:

In 2008, before I went on tour promoting my first album (Names Unlimited) in South America, I thought that perhaps it wouldn't be a bad idea to also have a few songs to present in spanish. But which songs would I bring with me? It wasn't particularly far-fetched to start looking among some of the lyrics that have inspired me the most to tone.

Razón de Ser – Reason for Being – was one of those lyrics. It is an extensive poetic work written by Srila Atulananda Acharya from Chile.

It started with four songs that I had composed, with text from the spanish poems. The songs were appreciated, and during the tour I felt that I very much would like to tone the entire work. A few years have passed since then, and it is not until this year that I can say that I have finally finished the project.

The album ended up with another ten songs. Sure, I realize that these total fourteen songs do not fully cover the entire content of Razón de Ser, but at least they cover most of it.

The album is produced in my home studio Studio Stillheten on Berget at Höga Kusten. The lyrics are, as said, built on Srila Atulanandas long-poem, and the music is composed by me. I also arranged, produced, mixed and designed the album. The mastering I've recieved help with from Mikael Sjödin at GUFFA Studio.

I'd like to dedicate my album to everyone who searches for the meaning of life!




No comments:

Post a Comment