flikar

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

My grandparent's photos from India/Mina farföräldrars foton från Indien



English: In the weekend I visited my grandparents. While I was sitting in their living room reading from the Bhagavad-gita my grandfather came and showed me some photos from their trip to India around 12 years ago. Among the photos, the one you see here above was of course my favorite. It shows deities of Laxmi (to the right) and Narayana (to the left). My grandparents did not remember exactly where they took this photo, but they think it is from the Rajasthana area. If any of you know which temple and which city this picture is from, please leave a comment.

Svenska: I helgen besökte jag mina farföräldrar. Medans jag satt i deras vardagsrum och läste i Bhagavad-gita kom min farfar och visade några foton från deras Indien-resa för ungefär 12 år sen. Bland bilderna var förstås bilden här ovan min favorit. Den visar gudsgestalter av Laxmi (till höger) och Narayana (till vänster) . Mina farföräldrar kommer inte ihåg exakt var bilden togs, men de tror att det var i Rajasthana-området. Om någon av er vet vilket tempel och vilken stad bilden är ifrån, lämna gärna en kommentar.

2 comments:

  1. dandavats dear prabhu shyamananda!
    I t is possible the Birla temple in Jaipur. I m not sure cuz it is difficult to say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dandavats!

    Thank you mataji Bhakti Shakti. I will try to look it up.

    ReplyDelete