flikar

Monday, September 14, 2009

Conscious hiphop caught on camera / Medveten hiphop fångad med kamera

Shyamananda das - "Bob and Tom" (Anti-drugs)




Lyrics:

"My name is Bob, I smoke dope to forget my problems
And you want me to quit? I beg your pardon
Ok, no hard feelings, you just lack better knowledge
So excuse me as I drench my consciense"
Hi Bob, yeah I want you to stop, why not
Am I wrong? Drug abuse is like a ticking time bomb
It is said that the higher you fly the harder you fall
So right on, turn the fire in your pipe off
Getting rid of difficulties is a process
Introspect, detect, face and solve them
No need for voluntary amnesia
You can learn a lot if you bare with this preacher
Trying to escape all trouble
But in your way of dealing you are making it double
Triple quadruple quintuple
Such retarded acts are rotten fruitful

"My name is Tom, I use dope to have good time
And you want me to quit? Good luck, you can try
Without pills and blotters the party will die
To be able to get high, that should be a human right"
Hi friend, yeah I want this to come to an end
Get out of your bubble and stop to pretend
Don't take offense, but I said what I meant
Go ahead and make your service to the world intense
Hypocrite, careless but you want to be cared for
Therefore apologize to those you scared off
By your habit of being an asshole
Sub-zero IQ, immature like a tadpole
Listen up, the higher you fly the deeper you dive
In ignorance and thus wasting your human life
Romanticizing, speaking about kissing the sky
So high you cannot even hear your mother cry



Shyamananda das - "Out the cave" (anti-drugs)



Lyrics:

Drugs are not what your mom wants for you
Neither are drugs what your pops want for you
I'm telling, only a lot of harm it will do
listen and consider whether I speak the truth
Drugs are not what Mother Earth wants for you
Her generosity should not be abused
Don't say its natural, that's pathetic
because, then you could as well eat arsenic
Drugs are not what God wants for you
not what your well wishers wish for you
They want you to be sincere and responsible
unstoppable in overcoming any problem
Consider these factors, is it really worth it?
Go deep, deliber, don't stay on the surface
You are not a vampire, so don't shun light
Get out of the clouds and in to the sunshine!

Be strong my friend, be brave, be brave
Let's chase the dragon out the cave, out the cave
Let's slay him, cent per cent mayhem
Strangle that monster and you will be saved
Be strong my friend, be brave, be brave
Let's chase the dragon out the cave, out the cave
Let's slay him, cent per cent mayhem
Strangle that beast and you will get grace

You feel important, you have desires
You are important, you are desire
So are all of us respect that
Otherwise you're just spreading a virus
Pulled into a sphere of subtle violence
between passion and apathy, try to find a balance
I know it's a challenge, I don't say it's easy
as tricks of the mind often deceive me
But let's tread the path to find the solution
Instead of fervently grasping for excuses
I know these things, I grew up among abuse
It had me screwed up, but still there's a future
OK, you like to party, but if you can't dance
without a pill, you're not so advanced
I won't step back, when there's a clash
I bring the truth to the front ready to attack
Borrow my marker, on each hand an X
A sober person only can walk a straight edge
Speaking of purity, slaughter ain't fresh
So I add to all of this, go veg and stay veg

Be strong my friend, be brave, be brave
Let's chase the dragon out the cave, out the cave
Let's slay him, cent per cent mayhem
Strangle that monster and you will be saved
Be strong my friend, be brave, be brave
Let's chase the dragon out the cave, out the cave
Let's slay him, cent per cent mayhem
Strangle that beast and you will get grace


Shyamananda das feat. Srimati - "A too great desire"



Lyrics:

A too great desire to fulfill in a lifetime
This so called existence is finite
But I got hope
That someone will untie these ropes

Philosophers pull their beard to draw out conclusions
Trying to figure out the nature of illusion
But I tell you, they are diving deeper into it
Those who are their own teachers got fools for students
We have to get wisdom from those who got it
No amount of darkness could ever produce knowledge
But even the smallest spark of purity
Can be fanned and thus burn up all of the illusory
Reality is hiding beyond sense perception
Mental speculation and mundane reflection
Despite countless attempts to catch the infinite
It can't be confined behind the bars of human intellect
False identification with the temporal
That's what keep souls conditioned in the prison hole
Feeling independent, but slaves of their senses
Torturing each other with no thoughts of repentence

Just like a lightning bolt in the middle of the night
Reveals a dark cloud hanging in the sky
Clarification descends from transcendence
Radiant, illuminating, resplendent
From the source to qualified recipients
And further down disciplic lineages
Devoted practitioners carry the message
And it might come to you when you the least expect it
But if you're sick and tired of being sick then cry
And let the lie of self-centeredness die
By purification of the heart from all the dust
Accumulated for eons but gone in a rush
Chant any name of God in a humble state of mind
You reach the goal when effort and grace is combined
Hold on to your sincerity and pray for mercy
Let the vibration take you on a metaphysical journey
.

6 comments: