flikar

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

In a particular direction (Srila Sridhar Maharaj)

Excerpt from Follow the Angels


Srila Srdihar Maharaj – Vaisnava

In the Vaisnava [devotee], the truth is animated more than in the vigraha [Deity], the tirtha [holy place of pilgrimage], or the sastra [scriptures].We find a direct connection with Krsna in the consciousness of a Vaisnava. We find that which is regulating all his activities and withdrawing him from worldly attraction, guiding him towards some unknown and most desirable direction. He is moving towards that direction. The Lord is making him move in a particular direction that cannot be traced by any loss or gain of this world. 

What is that thing?


Srila BA Paramadvaiti Swami – Vaisnava

"I am there. I am not even in Vaikuntha [the spiritual universe], nor in the hearts of the yogis [Paramatma]. But where my devotees are singing with pleasure about me, I am there." Mac citta mad gata prana bodhayantah parasparam kathayantas ca mam nityam tusyanti ca ramanti ca (Bhagavad Gita 10.9). "The thoughts of My pure devotees dwell in Me, their lives are fully devoted to My service, and they derive great satisfaction and bliss from always enlightening one another and conversing about Me."

There is a story about three devotees who arrived at their temple for some occasion. They did not know one another. In the darkness one is talking, another hearing. Their talk is very sweet. Then the third devotee also joined there and they were talking together, although they did not know one another. They have heard the name of this devotee, that devotee. Then after talking for some time, a question was asked. "We are three here, but do you feel the presence of a fourth person?" "Yes, I feel the presence of a fourth one, and it is that Person about Whom we talk – the Lord has appeared."
Srila Prabhupada – Vaisnava
Develop this attraction, pure spiritual attraction, until nothing can be pleasing to us but Krsna, Radharani and the gopis. That is what is necessary, for Krsna and His group to take possession of the innermost part of our hearts by the thought of His lila, His Name, and His paraphernaliamanmana bhava mad bhakto mad yaji mam namaskuru mam evaisyasi satyam te pratijane priyo 'si me (Bhagavad Gita 18.65). Krsna says to Arjuna that he is the most favorite devotee. "I promise you that at the very least I won't deceive you. I say that I am everything and I won't deceive you. Manmana bhava, always remember Me, mad bhakto, be My devotee, serve Me. Manmana bhava mad bhakto, mad yaji, if you sacrifice anything, do it for Me. Mad yaji mam namaskuru, or at least show respect for Me. You are sure to enter into Me, to come to Me. Mam evaisyasi, you will come to Me alone; satyam te, this is the truth, pratijane, I promise you. Priyo 'si me, you are My favorite. The truth is this: do everything for Me, attend Me, always think of Me and you are sure to come to Me. This is the plain truth."




No comments:

Post a Comment