flikar

Thursday, January 3, 2013

I should act for myself (Srila Prabhupada)

From Krsna, the Reservoir of Pleasure 
by His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada




If one is a little thoughtful, he can understand, "Oh, I am not this body. I am consciousness." Sometimes, in our leisure time, we can see, "Oh, this is my finger, and this is my hand. This is my ear, and this is my nose. Everything is mine, but what 'I', what 'I'?" I am feeling that this is mine and that I am. Simply a little thought is required. Everything is mine - my eyes, my finger, my hand. My, my, my, and what is the 'I'? The 'I' is that consciousness, in which I am thinking "This is mine". 

Now, if I am not this body, then why should I act for this body? I should act for myself. Then, how can I work for myself? What is my position? What will my activities be?








No comments:

Post a Comment